Make-Up Brush Collection - Powders

Make up brush collection part 2! These are the brushes I use for powder, contouring and blush.
Barry M powder brush, Barry M contour brush, No 7 blush brush, Avon blush brush
Barry M Powder Brush: I love big, fluffy brushes to set my foundation with powder. After my last one fell apart, I thought I'd try this Barry M one out as I adore the cosmetics line. I'm not gonna lie, I was disappointed. The brush itself is good, it gets the job done so I have no complaints there. After one wash the brush head came away from the handle, not impressed. Not only that, the pink colour of the brush comes off on everything. The colour has bled down the brush and also transfers onto whatever else is in my make up bag. If you need a brush to tide you over, this is an option but for long term use I don't recommend it.

Barry M Contour Brush: I picked this up at the same time as my powder brush. I use this brush for my blush as it doesn't work well as a contour brush. I find it's too big to use to contour and far too stiff. Again, this brush doesn't wash well and loses its shape. It's supposed to be an angled brush but the hairs now stick out whatever way they fancy. My lesson from this - don't buy Barry M brushes!

No 7 Blush Brush: I use this  for contouring as it's small enough to get right under my cheekbones without giving me a huge stripe of contour. I've had this brush for about 4/5 years and it's still alive! It sheds a lot, but until I have the money to invest in a decent brush, this will do. I think it must have only cost me about £5? Bargain.

Avon Blush Brush: I did initially use this for blush but I feel it's the wrong shape for it really. The angle and shape of this is perfect for powder highlight. I use it to put highlight on the top of cheekbones, down the nose and the forehead. 

What are you favourite brushes for contouring and blush??

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.