Caitlin vs Acne - how to cover spots


As you can see, my skin at the moment is not good. If you read my Autumn/Winter skincare update you'll know I made the (probably very silly) decision to come off my antibiotics. For months my skin has been fine but now I am home it is breaking out in an extreme way. I'm trying to work out what it is that my skin is reacting to but in the mean time I have the issue of covering my spots.


Before putting on foundation, I use my Erase Paste on any really red spots or scars to try and counteract the discolouration. I apply this with my Real Techniques Detailer Brush as it's small enough to only get concealer in the places you really need it. I've done a post about my love for Erase Paste before that you can read here. I blend this out with the Real Techniques Foundation Brush and then move onto foundation. You can see from the picture that it masks the redness of spots, giving a bit of a more even base to apply foundation to. After foundation, I then top up the really red areas with a bit more concealer (usually Erase Paste) before powdering. I also use my Real Techniques Foundation Brush to add extra powder to any spotty areas to give a little more coverage.


You can still see my spots - I don't think I'll ever be able to fully cover them - but initial layer of concealer definitely helps.

How do you cover bad break outs?!

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.