Empties #1

I've been storing up my empties for a while and keep meaning to do an empties post! I'm going to let you know what products I've used up and whether I'd repurchase them or not.



The Body Shop Skin Clearing Tea Tree Lotion - repurchase
I absolutely adore the tea tree line from The Body Shop. It's great for anyone who has problems with blemished skin as the tea tree helps to soothe spots, reducing size and redness. I use this during the day over the top of my Simple moisturiser as my skin gets really dry in the winter. I've actually already repurchased this!

Korres Citrus Shower Gel - won't repurchase
This is a sample that I got in either a Birchbox or a Glossybox a few months ago and I have only just got around to using it up. Although it claims to be a citrus scent, I think it's quite a manly scent sort of like a typical aftershave smell. As I don't particularly want to smell like a man, I won't be repurchasing this. It's also £8 which is insane, I definitely don't have £8 to be spending on shower gel!

Neutrogena T Gel - repurchase
If you read my haircare routine you'll know I have problems with eczema on my scalp and this is the only thing that controls it. It's pretty expensive for a shampoo and it absolutely stinks (it's made of coal) but it's a lifesaver for me. Anyone with dandruff or scalp eczema/psoriasis I would definitely recommend trying this and seeing if it helps! I've already repurchased this one too.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro - unsure
I've had this primer for quite a while now and use it in circulation with a few others. It's one that I can't really make my mind up about. It claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify and protect which is quite a lot of claims. Maybe once I've used up all my primers I'll repurchase this but there's definitely better performing ones out there. However, for a drugstore primer this one does perform pretty well and it's only £6.99.


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer Shade 10 (Light) - repurchase in a different shade
For a drugstore concealer, this is amazing. I've heard that it's a dupe for the Nars Creamy Concealer which I really want to purchase but my student budget doesn't stretch that far. The coverage is excellent and it blends amazingly well. When I first bought this the shade range was miniscule. I have shade 10 and it's slightly too dark for me so when I repurchase I'll buy shade 15 (fair). At £5.99, I'll definitely repurchase.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Shade 51 (Light Vanilla) - unsure
This is another product I'm unsure about. Somedays I absolutely love this foundation and others I hate hit. The coverage is quite sheer so it probably performs better at those times where I'm fairly blemish free. It gives a dewy finish which doesn't work so well with my oily skin as after a few hours I end up shining like the sun. If you like sheer coverage with a dewy finish, this is one to try out. Blemished oily skin doesn't work that well with it.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid NW20 - won't repurchase
So first things first, this is the completely wrong shade for me. My skin is basically translucent and the woman in Mac matched me completely wrong. If you're buying a foundation from Mac (or anywhere high end), I'd recommend getting matched and trying the foundation on for the day to see what it looks like in different lights before you purchase this. I have to mix this with a really pale foundation to get the right colour and even then I'm not sure if I'd repurchase. It does have really full coverage which is what I look for in a foundation but... I'm just not convinced. It's £21.50 which isn't too expensive for high end. Maybe I'd repurchase if it was the right colour.

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.