November Favourites!


How is it 1st December tomorrow?! I could not be happier that it's December. December means going home to my family for Christmas and 2 months off university, although I still have exams and coursework cry cry. November has been such a busy month for me so I'm glad to see the back of it! Onto the favourites...


St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub
I featured this in my Autumn/Winter skincare update a couple of weeks ago, it's a definite favourite of mine this month. My skin has been breaking out like crazy and my pores look horrible and clogged, but this is definitely helping. Although it says it's a daily scrub, I would no way use it daily as I think it's too abrasive. This smells amazing and the big grains in it to really clear out your pores and leave your skin looking fresher. There's actually 4 different types of this scrub - blemish fighting, invigorating, gentle and renew & firm - so if you want a good quality scrub but don't have problems with blemishes I would try one of the others!

L'Oreal True Match
I think this is possibly my favourite foundation, although I do change my mind weekly. The coverage is amazing, it lasts quite a long time and gives your skin a gorgeous finish without looking cakey. The shade range is out of this world which is rare for a drugstore foundation so you'll definitely be able to find a shade to suit your skin tone. If you're a lover of medium coverage foundation and you haven't tried this foundation yet, go and do it!

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - Waterproof
When I first got this I wasn't sure about it, I wanted a cheap, everyday waterproof mascara to keep the curl in place and that's exactly what it does. I wouldn't say that it does anything amazing in terms of length or volume but for the price I think it's really good. I use it on my top lashes, after I have curled them, as a thin base coat and also on my bottom lashes as the wind and cold makes my eyes water.

Mac Prep + Prime Skin
I'd love to tell you how I got my hands on this tester but I can't remember which is heartbreaking. Full size is quite pricey (£21), although not as expensive as Porefessional, but this primer is definitely worth the money. It's a creamy, silicone formula that applies to the skin really easily and sinks in straight away. My skin is so smooth after using it, foundation blends out so easily and doesn't cake anywhere. I don't think this does anything to control my shine but some powder sorts that out. There's a number of different Prep + Prime, all targeting different things (I need to get my hands on the Skin Refined Zone) and if they're all like this, I definitely recommend checking the line out. Some of the others are more expensive than this but if you have the money to spend..!

Urban Decay Naked 3
I could not have been more excited when I got this. My boyfriend came to visit and bought it for me as a little treat and I have used it nearly every day since. I got the Naked 3 rather than 1 or 2 as I have pale skin and blue eyes which the rosey shades compliment amazingly. It comes with 4 primers, each with about a weeks supply in and they make the eyeshadows last even longer than usual. The pigmentation is amazing, they're so easy to blend and the colours.. Oh my god I can't even describe them. You need to put one of these on your Christmas list!!

Let me know in the comments what you've been loving this month.


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.