Make-Up Brush Collection - Base


I'm always so interested in other peoples make-up brushes and what they use them for (just because it says foundation brush it doesn't have to be that!). I thought I'd do a post about my brushes, what I use them for and which I'd recommend, I then decided to turn it into 3 posts otherwise it's going to be way too long.

L-R: Beauty Blender, Primark foundation and concealer brush, No 7 foundation brush, Real Techniques detailer brush, Real Techniques pointed foundation brush, Real Techniques buffing brush

Beauty Blender: I use my Beauty Blender probably 50% of the time (you can see from the colour it's well loved). I actually have 2 Beauty Blenders and a TopShop sponge that's similar which I think they have stopped selling. You can't buy Beauty Blenders from high street stores which is a shame, but you can find them quite cheap from Amazon or on the Beauty Blender website. You can buy dupes from any drugstore though - Real Techniques and Models Own do them at a fraction of the price. I find that Beauty Blenders work better with some foundations than others, and it's a bit of trial and error to work out what looks best. Beauty Blenders are made to be used wet as they absorb less of the foundation and make it easier to blend out, leaving you with an amazing finish. 

Foundation brushes: I don't actually use foundation brushes anymore. When I first started getting into make up, these were all I used but now I'd rather use my Beauty Blender or buffing brush. I feel like foundation brushes give you brush strokes on your face and that's just not what I want. I do occasionally go back to them if I'm feeling like mixing it up a bit. If you like foundation brushes, the Primark one is such good quality and so cheap (£1.50 or £2 I think). If you're just starting out in make up it's definitely one to try out if you don't want to spend too much money on a brush. My No 7 one has been going for about 5 years now, I think that says it all. The Real Techniques pointed foundation brush is way too small to be used as a foundation brush but works really well for concealer under the eyes. 

Detailer brush: The detailer brush is the perfect size for applying concealer to spots, I use it with my Erase Paste and it's a dream combo. You can also use this as a lip brush. Real Techniques brushes are such good quality and don't come with a big price tag. I got the Core Collection from Boots for £21.99 which is amazing for a set of 4 brushes. They don't shed and wash without losing shape or quality.

Buffing brush: This is probably my favourite way to apply foundation at the moment. Although this is meant to be used for powder foundation, I use it with liquid foundation. I stipple the foundation onto my skin and then buff it out. Buffing your foundation means that it's really sinking into the skin instead of sitting on top of it and looking cakey, it also makes it last longer. Out of all these brushes, this is the one I'd recommend to anyone. You get a flawless, even finish and make up that lasts.

What do you use to apply your base? I'm always on the lookout for a new face brush!




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.