Hair Cair Routine


I thought it was about time to do a hair post and tell you my little secrets to keeping my hair healthy. When I have my hair cut, I only have to have a tiny amount cut off because I'm surprisingly good at keeping it healthy (sorry for blowing my own trumpet).

Washing
I wash my hair every 2-3 days depending on how lazy I am. If I want to go a little longer I use the Batiste Dry Shampoo to soak up some of the grease! To be honest, I use whatever shampoo and conditioner is cheap but at the moment I'm using the Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo - The Silky Smoother and Herbal Essences Bee Strong Conditioner. I do have to use T-Gel shampoo once a week as I have eczema on my head and this is the only thing that controls it. I shampoo once (twice if it's been a while since I last washed my hair) and comb my conditioner through my hair, then leave it on while I wash my body.
Once I am out of the shower, I either put OGX Coconut Oil mist on or my KMS California Tame Frizz creme to keep my hair soft and silky. Most nights, that will be it and I'll go to bed with wet hair but I sometimes put it in french plaits with some Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray to give me waves in the morning. If I'm blow dry my hair (this only happens about once a week because I'm lazy and have a lot of hair), I'll use my Dove Heat Protect Spray and comb that through my hair with my Tangle Teezer.

Cut
I probably have my hair cut about every 8-10 weeks? It depends whether I can afford it! Hair cuts are a luxury for me. I have a very small amount taken off each time because I don't get many split ends and I'm trying to grow my hair out (it's currently just above my bra strap yay!)

Dying etc
I dyed/bleached my hair for probably about 6 years. My hair has been bleach blonde, brown and copper and is now my natural colour which is somewhere between blonde and strawberry blonde (I'm slightly ginger and okay with it). Colouring your hair is probably the worst thing you can do to it. In those 6 years my hair was brittle, dry and I always had split ends. Every time I had my hair cut I would have to have loads taken off. Eventually, my hair started breaking from the bleach and I had to completely stop dying my hair and have it all cut off. I'm talking waist length to just below the shoulders. Now my hair is completely natural it has never felt or looked better!

What's your hair care staple?

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.