Autumn/Winter Skincare Update


It's been quite a while since my last skincare post (it was actually one of my first posts, read it here) so I thought it was time to do a skincare update. Now it's getting colder and very windy, my skin is a lot drier and I also tend to suffer from eczema in winter around my nose and on my chin. A few months ago I made the decision to stop taking antibiotics for my acne as although they were making my skin clearer, they were an absolute pain to take and to be perfectly honest, I can't afford the prescription. My skin is by no means perfect, I still suffer with acne but my skincare routine is really helping to control it to a certain extent.


As you can see, I still have a lot of blemishes but the number and size of them has dramatically reduced. 

Morning
I start the day by cleansing my skin with the Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton pad, just to get off the leftover product from the night before and any other rubbish on my face. If I'm having a break out, I will sweep The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner over my skin. I moisturise with the Simple Kind to Skin Rich Moisturiser as I have a number of dry patches on my face at the moment although the majority of my face is still oily. If my face is extra dry, I'll also use my The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. Before I put any primer or make up on my skin, I put tea tree oil on any spots I have to try and calm them down a bit!

Evening
I always take my make up off before I go to the gym. I live in the hope that sweating at the gym will get some of the impurities out of my skin and that can't happen if my pores are clogged with make up! A year or so ago, I would never have gone to the gym without make up on but now I couldn't care less. I take my make up off with the Garnier Micellar Water and if I have any waterproof mascara or liquid eyeliner on I'll use The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. When I get back from the gym and shower, I wash my face using my The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser. If I'm washing my hair (normally every other day usually), I will use the St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub. Before I go to sleep I use my trusty The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-in-Oil and let that soak in a bit before using The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion and Benefit It's Potent eye cream. I think I need to branch out from The Body Shop...

I can't stress the importance of finding a skincare routine that works for you, it's honestly makes such a difference to my skin, both blemish wise and how my make up applies. 

Which skincare products do you swear by?

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. What a great, detailed post :) I'm looking forward to trying the Garnier cleansing water! Also, you could try birth control pills instead of antibiotics for acne, if you haven't already! I used to be on antibiotics and it did nothing :/ But since I've been on the pill, my skin has stopped being oily (people used to call me 'shiny' at school :/) and my acne has cleared up, I only get one around that time of the month. Also, if you say it's for contraception, it's free in the UK! WOOO!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dermatologist did mention it to me actually! I've got something more long term so they're reluctant to change it for the pill but if my skin gets any worse I'm definitely going to consider it! xx

      Delete
  2. Please try superdrugs naturally radiant hot cloth cleanser! It's done wonders for my acne prone skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll definitely try it out! Thank you! x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.