Battle of the Primers


Since discovering primers I have become a huge fan and now don't go a day without wearing one. I do have quite a large collection, as I'm sure most beauty addicts do, but there's two that really stand out to me as amazing. Both of these primers have made quite a fuss in the beauty world but which one to buy?!


Benefit Porefessional
"Quickly minimise the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals."
Porefessional is probably the Holy Grail of primers in the beauty world. Everyone has been raving about it and it's the UK's top selling primer for the past 3 years. Impressive right? Retailing for £24.50 for 22ml, it's quite pricey and, I don't know about you, but I would definitely struggle justifying the spend. That being said, mine is a tester size and has lasted me a pretty long time as you only need a tiny amount.
The packaging is so cute, as with all Benefit packaging (although mine is covered in liquid eyeliner). This product is so creamy and a dream to apply as long as you've moisturised your skin. I find that if my skin is at all dry then this can be quite difficult to apply and doesn't blend out that well. It sinks into your skin amazingly well and you wouldn't even know it was there. The formula has a beigey tint but it blends out to colourless on your skin.
I'm not sure I'd agree that it minimises the appearance of my pores but my make up goes on so smoothly and blends out really well. My foundation definitely lasts better throughout the day and the shine is kept at bay for longer (something I really struggle with).


The Body Shop Instablur
"This all-new face perfector blurs imperfections, giving you flawless photo-perfect skin in an instant! With Community Fair Trade marula oil. Shine controlling 12h, reduces appearance of pores, blemish hiding, complexion unifying and make-up extending"
I think this is my favourite ever primer (a bold claim I know). Instablur is the cheaper of the two at £14 for 25ml and, in my opinion, the better. I actually think I prefer the packaging of this one but that wouldn't affect which one I buy!
The texture is much more siliconey than Porefessional and can feel slightly greasy on the skin until it has sunk in, but after your skin is amazingly smooth. It's a translucent formula which I personally prefer and feels a lot more velvety on the skin. If I compare the two, my make up definitely looks best at the end of the day with this one although I might be a bit shinier. The same as Porefessional, you only need a tiny amount so the tube goes a long way.

 Which one is for you?
After convincing a couple of the girls to buy Instablur and try it out, I was discussing which they preferred and we agreed this sums it up in one - Instablur is best for the day time, it prolongs the wear of your make up and smooths out your complexion without making you look too matte. Porefessional is fantastic for nights out because it really mattifies your skin and helps to control shine.
If you're on a budget or have dry skin, I'd definitely try the Instablur first to see how it works for you. Personally, I don't think I will ever purchase a full size of Porefessional but I will definitely repurchase Instablur.

Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. I'm using that Benefit porefessional too!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.