October Birchbox - Work It!


I finally got my October Birchbox the other day, about a week after my email to say it had been sent. I get very impatient when it comes to receiving my Birchbox.


This months theme is Work It and Birchbox have collaborated with Coppafeel to help raise the awareness of breast cancer which I think is an amazing idea. The booklet inside tells you how you can support Coppafeel and also how to check your breasts - something every woman should do once a month. To read up on how to check yours click here and to see how you can support Coppafeel click here. For every subscriber in October, Birchbox are giving £1 to Coppafeel so subscribe!


Onto the box - all the products came in this cute pink zip travel bag which is perfect for the products you need to take with you for on the go touch ups. As usual, there was 5 products and one lifestyle product.



This product actually really excited me. I love facemasks and am yet to try one out. The fact that it's pink is just even better. The mask contains aloe vera to 'illuminate your complexion and soften skin'. I actually tried this out today as I feel my skin is looking quite dull. There's 4 different colours in this mask, each for a different skin type. I used this as soon as I got it, it's not the nicest thing to put on your skin and smells pretty bad but it definitely made my skin look nicer.


This is a heat protectant and heat protector all in one. I tend to use heat protectant everytime I wash my hair, whether I'm going to be using heat or not, simply because I've got into the routine. I get quite a bit of frizz when I dry my hair so have to use a serum too, something that combines the two is definitely good in my books! This smells really good and made my hair so sleek and soft.


I've never actually seen a product that treats ingrowing hairs although I'm sure there are some out there. I suffer from ingrowing hairs as my skin is quite sensitive and doesn't really like being shaved, especially when its cold. I'm definitely going to try this out and see how it performs!


I personally think this is quite expensive for a lip balm but it does smell really good. It is quite moisturising but I wouldn't say its worth the £8! It also comes in 4 other colours, mines in Honey Nectar.


Finally, a gorgeous red nail varnish. I don't actually have a true red polish which is quite surprising and this is an absolutely gorgeous colour. I can't comment on staying power as I have just painted my nails with Barry M and it's far too cold in my flat to paint my toenails!!


I absolutely love this pen I think it's so cute and, as a student, I'll take any free stationery I can.

Did you get anything different in your Birchbox?

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.