Disappointing products!!

These are probably one of my favourite posts to read so I thought I would share with you some of my disappointments!

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream - light, Maybelline Baby Skin, Sleek Matte Me - bright pink, Rimmel Scandaleyes - black, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 113, Maybelline Big Eyes mascara - black waterproof, Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam

I think the main reason I don't like this mascara is the size of the brush, it is MASSIVE. It's impossible to put the mascara on without getting it everywhere and you're clumping the mascara on rather than running it through the lashes. You end up with lashes clumped together with mascara - if that's what you're looking for this is for you but I prefer length and volume!


I know what you're thinking, if I didn't like the original why did I buy a spin off? This was sent to me by Rimmel when it first came out and it's even worse than the original. The curved shape of the brush means that you only get mascara on your lashes from the two thicker sections and, again, it's clumpy and horrible.


Now don't get me wrong, half of this mascara is really good. There's a lower lashes 'mini brush' and an upper lashes 'push-up brush'. The mini brush is so good. It's perfect for getting your lower lashes and also really defining and separating your upper lashes. The push-up brush is absolutely awful. It definitely doesn't push your lashes up and clumps like the Rimmel mascaras. Why is it so difficult to find a mascara that doesn't clump?!


The Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipstick was my first nude lipstick about two years ago and it's so gross I've barely used it. It's a nice enough colour but the texture is awful. It's chalky, drying and just makes my lips look like they're devoid of all moisture. All in all, not a good look. However, the rest of the Kate Moss line is amazing.



I absolutely love the colour of this Sleek Matte Me. It doesn't go on that well which I can forgive, what I can't forgive is the fact that you can't get any moisture on your lips. This means no drinking unless it's through a straw which isn't really that practical. As soon as your lips get wet it turns into a sticky, clumpy mess that makes you look like you have clumps of skin on your lips. If you're going somewhere and not drinking anything then this is fine!


 Baby Skin by Maybelline was raved about as the cheaper Porefessional and as I adore Porefessional but not the price tag, I thought I'd try this out. It's not a bad product but it's definitely not up there with Porefessional. The formula is weird - very silicone and feels like you're smoothing a thick gel across your skin. It stays quite... gelly and shiny and definitely doesn't make your foundation look better, if anything worse. Don't always believe the hypes!


I went through a stage of being determined that I wasn't going to wear foundation on a daily basis to try and save my skin. I haven't come across a BB cream that I actually like so far but I thought I would try this one as I tend to like Maybelline products (although this post doesn't look like that). Considering this shade is meant to be light, it's definitely not for fair skinned girls. I don't even know how to describe the colour it comes out, I'm fairly sure it's not actually the colour of anyones skin and is really quite thick... 

Has anyone had a good experience with any of these?!

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. totally agree about scandal eyes, every time I used it the mascara just went all over my eyes! would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so annoying! especially if you've done nice eyeshadow too! just checked it out and followed you hun :) gorgeous blog! x

      Delete
  2. I really don't like rimmel mascaras in general!

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely won't be trying any more of them! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.