Topshop lipsticks

From L - R: Ohh La La, Tease, Brighton Rock, Whimsical, Infrared, Called Up
So Topshop lipsticks have been an obsession of mine for quite a few months now and I've managed to gather up quite a few of them. I think these are really really good value for only £8 (£7.20 if you're a student) and their staying power is incredible. The lipsticks are matte but they look really good with some gloss on top of them too. They are quite drying so I scrub my lips before I put them on and after I take them off. I thought I'd give you a few colour swatches and let you know my favourites.
Whimsical
Topshop Whimsical
This is my least favourite of them all. Because I'm really pale (my boyfriend tells me I look like Casper) I find nude lipsticks really difficult to pull off without just making me look ill. I'd much rather go for a colour than a nude, simply because I haven't found my perfect one yet. Whimsical is just a bit of a bleurgh colour.
Tease
Topshop Tease
This is one of my favourites. It's a gorgeous pale pink shade that's vibrant but still really wearable. Think St Germain but less vibrant. I wore this in Paris when I visited Champs-Élysées
 and the girls in Sephora were complimenting me and asking where I bought it. If you're complimented in Paris, you know it's a good colour for you. It lasts really really well and I rarely have to top it up.
Brighton Rock
Topshop Brighton Rock
My absolute favourite. This is my go-to lipstick if I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps or want something that I know is gonna look good. It's a bright pink shade that works really well with my skin tone and is absolutely perfect for summer time.
Called Up
Topshop Called Up
My first vampy-coloured lipstick I owned. I bought this and wondered if I would be able to pull it off and didn't have any idea when I would be able to wear it but it is so wearable. It's not messy either like some dark lipsticks can be! I don't wear it much at the moment because it's summer and I prefer bright shades but when autumn/winter rolls around again it will be my staple.
Infrared
Topshop Infrared
I love this colour. Orange lipstick is so good for the summer and this is the perfect shade without being too in your face. If I'm wearing any kind of orange in my outfit this is what I go for. Buying this has made me want to get MAC's Morange.
Ohh La La
Topshop Ohh La La
This is an orangey-pink colour. I'd say it's Infrared but a bit pinker. I wore this all the time when I first bought it but now it just sits in my lipstick drawer because I always choose Brighton Rock over this one. I am gonna try and get back into wearing it.. Maybe.
Future purchases
Macaroon, Straight Ace and All About Me. Let me know if you'd recommend any other colours!
A girl can never have too many lipsticks right??
C x

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.