First Impressions: Nars Sheer Glow


My boyfriend's parents were very, very generous and bought me Nars Sheer Glow for Christmas. I have been lusting after this for a long, long time and can't believe I finally have it. Before putting this on my Christmas wishlist, I read more reviews/blogs than I should probably admit to before deciding the only way to know if I'd like it was to try it.

 I did something risky and didn't get matched but rather guessed my shade. As my skin tone resembles snow, I knew I'd be either the palest or second palest shade. I googled colour swatches about 5 times (using this blogpost) and checked the colour description on the Nars website before settling on Gobi. Gobi is Light 3 - light with a yellow undertone which describes my skin perfectly. If you are pale with a pink tone then Mont Blanc will be your shade. Siberia is one for the pale neutral girls.



I really love the packaging of this foundation. Any high-end foundations I would expect to be in glass bottles and look expensive and this definitely doesn't disappoint. You get 30ml or 1 fl. oz for £31 which I think is pretty good. Packaging wise, the only let down for me is the lack of pump. Pouring it out makes me a bit nervous but MAC foundations also don't come with pumps - must be a high-end thing!


The formula itself is quite watery which you would expect as it's a sheer foundation. Although it's sheer, coverage is definitely buildable and two thin layers can give a medium coverage. Lately I have been putting a base layer of concealer on my acne scars but for purposes of reviewing this foundation, I didn't. Sheer Glow is also non-comedogenic which is perfect for acne prone skin!


As soon as I put this on my skin and started blending it out, I could tell it was a luxury foundation. This blended out amazingly. A really small amount of foundation gave a thin, even layer and I added a little extra on areas of discolouration and scars. I think it's covered my scars amazingly, far better than any drugstore foundation (sorry True Match). The colour is absolutely perfect for me which is something I have never found before. My only issue is that it's clung to some of my dry patches which have emerged as a result of my acne cream but I am due a good face scrub. The foundation gives silky, real looking skin. It also doesn't transfer which is a big bonus.


Above is the finished product with a little added concealer on blemishes. I didn't powder my face as I wanted to see what it would do without being set. I did my make up at about 10.30am and as I write this it is 5.30pm and my face is slightly glowing (as the name would suggest) but nothing too extreme. It's a glow that's definitely welcomed considering how dull my skin has been looking. In future I think I will set it, just to keep from too much shine. I'm really impressed that it hasn't set into my expression lines which happens a lot with my thicker drugstore foundations.

Overall, I think this foundation is amazing. It's definitely lived up to the hype and I would recommend it to anyone who's thinking about it!

Follow me on:
Twitter - @caitlinisaacs_
Instagram - @caitlin_i
Tumblr - @caitlini
Bloglovin' - @caitlinisaacs

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.